Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015

Awards and Accolades

Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015
Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015 Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé Les Vieux Murs 2015

A blend of two vineyards sites in Fuissé and Solutré go in to this mouth-watering Chardonnay, 30% of which was aged in oak barrels to add richness and texture, with the remaining 70% aged on the lees in stainless steel. There's a medley of tropical and orchard fruit on the nose, while the palate is refreshing and dry with citrusy notes, and a long, finish with hints of spiced apple. Match it with white fish, crab or a classic roast chicken.

Buy this if...you favour the classic flavours of Burgundian Chardonnay.

Available to buy as a single bottle
A mellow mouthful, with honeyed apple fruit and a whip of citrus just for luck.
0 review(s)
"

£23.99
- +
Save 17% Add 2 £19.99 a bottle

Percentage Alcohol

13.0

Region

ArrayBurgundy, Pouilly-Fuissé

Grape Variety

Chardonnay

Country

France

Style

ArrayCrisp Dry White, Oaked White

Vintage

2015

Food Match

ArrayChicken, Pork, White Fish

Vegan

Vegan

£23.99
  • Meet The Producer

  • Customer Reviews

  • Food & Wine Match

The Producer

With a history going back over 300 years, Maison Jean Loron knows a thing or two about the production of top Beaujolais. The house is now owned by the 8th generation of the Loron family, Xavier Barbet, who in 2016 handed over the day to day running of the business to Philippe Bardet. Today the house owns 120 hectares of vineyards across seven of the Beaujolais Cru as well as owning and working with growers in the Maconnais region of southern Burgundy.

The Winemaker

Technical director Jean-Pierre Rodet oversees the winemaking for Maison Jean Loron, with winemakers Rémi Vincent and Denis Poyet focussing on the expression of the terroir and of the Chardonnay and Gamay grapes in the various crus and vineyard sites spread across the two regions. Jean-Pierre is himself a winemaking veteran, with thirty years’ service for Loron.

The Region

The Maconnais, at Burgundy's southern tip, produces some of the region's best value whites and an increasing number of reds from limestone soils that suit the Chardonnay grape. The climate is slightly warmer than in the northern reaches of the region, resulting in softer, earlier-drinking styles.

There are no reviews for this product yet.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

Roast Chicken with Garlic & Lemon

Roast chicken is easy to pair with both light reds and full-bodied whites. Oaked Chardonnay's from Pouilly- Fuissé really hit the spot with its rich, creamy texture and streak of fresh acidity.
Full recipe

Crab Cakes

The delicate crab meat calls for a smooth, fruity, floral white which doesn't overpower the meat and will naturally complement seafood dishes. Our Jean Loron Pouilly-Fuissé will be a lovely addition to the dish.
Full recipe

Pork and Mushrooms in a Cream and Tarragon sauce

The smooth, citrussy flavours of lightly oaked Maconnais Chardonnay works wonders with creamy sauces, as this classic dish of pork loin with mushrooms will testify.
Full recipe


Rude Wines on Facebook Rude Wines on Twitter Rude Wines on Instagram